Your perinatal care specialists...
During pregnancy, many women develop various musculoskeletal complaints due to rapid development, hormonal changes, laxity of connective ligaments, and shifts in weight-bearing structures. Any distortions in the anatomical structures of the pelvis may make the birthing process more difficult. The women’s health and pregnancy specialists at Active Recovery Boston utilize gentle soft tissue and joint mobilization techniques to help reduce myofascial restrictions and distortions within the pelvis, providing greater comfort for mom, as well as creating an ideal in utero environment for the baby.
Prenatal Care to Address:
- Webster Technique & Pelvic Balancing - helpful for Breech Presentations
- Ribcage Pain
- Low Back/Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Wrist Pain & Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Post-Partum Care to Address:
- Hip Pain
- Chest Pain Due to Pectoralis Adhesions
- Special Attention to Lymph and Scar Tissue/Incision Sites from C-Sections
- Pubic Symphysis Pain
- Pelvic Girdle Pain & Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Shoulder, Forearm & Wrist Pain ("Adoring Mother Syndrome")
- Abdominal Muscle Separation (Diastasis Recti)